ABF Travel Insurance Claims
How to make a claim
If you have an overseas medical emergency:
- As soon as possible contact CUSTOMER CARE on +61 (0) 2 8907 5953 and quote the policy number that is on your certificate of insurance;
- If your luggage, passport, wallet or is lost or stolen:
- Immediately (within 24 HOURS of the loss) report the loss or theft to the nearest police station and obtain a written police report.
- If necessary, replace the lost or stolen article/s with a similar item and keep the receipt of purchase.
- The claim must be reported within 31 days after the expiry of the trip during which the claim occurred.
- To report the claim (upon your return to Australia) contact Gallagher Bassett Services, ABF Travel Insurance claims Dept on +61 7 3005 1613, or complete and lodge a claim form.
- When you have completed the appropriate sections & signed & dated the claim form, please send the claim form and all supporting documentation to Gallagher Bassett – Travel Claims Department (ABF Travel Claims) using one the below methods:
- POST: GPO Box 14, Brisbane, QLD, 4001
- FAX: +61 (7) 3005 1899
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note policy limits and or conditions may apply to claims in relation to money, unattended luggage and personal effects.
- All Claims need to be supported by original supporting receipts and documentation such as police reports, doctor’s reports, transport provider’s reports, receipts, valuations or proof of ownership.
- Please note, in accordance with the Schedule Of Cover there is a $200 excess under your policy for each separate claimable incident or event.
Click here to download a claim form pdf.